Sunday 24 July 2016

Album Covers

A recent gift has turned my mind to the topic of chess themed record covers. Probably the most obvious choice is "Chess" by Tim Rice, Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaaeus, but there are others.
Unfortunately my search was hamstrung by two issues. Firstly, searching for chess and music throws up and awful lot of links to "Chess Records", the Chicago based record label, that had Muddy Waters, Bo Diddley, Chick Chuck Berry and many others on their roster. Secondly, pretty much every other album I managed to find was almost always 1970's prog rock, with allusions to wizards and Alice in Wonderland (although I see Pink has recently travelled this road as well).
But all was not lost. While researching this brief piece I came across a cover of a children's book (not a record) titled "Goodbye Testicles". And that made the whole exercise worth it.

1 comment: